Cyclosportive Perth 2020 Route TCX files and cue sheets will be sent out one week prior to event day to those that have registered. We will not publish them before the event.
We use TCX files that you can load on to your GPS unit.
That said, if you have a Garmin, and want to load them, here are the instructions:
- Plug your device into your computer
- Download the file from the email
- Go to Downloads on your computer
- Copy the file to your device into the New File folder (not Routes)
- Check to make sure the file has been copied into the New File folder, then unplug and turn your GPS device on. This should move the file from New Files into the Courses folder where you can find it.
- Check to make sure it is there.
You are probably thinking it would make more sense to copy the file into the Routes folder. I agree, but alas, I am not the genius that came up with this protocol.
When it comes to the information on your route screen, you can choose to have whatever you want, but I would strongly suggest you have at least Distance to Next as one of your lines. This can be found under the Navigation category (not Distance). This will let you know how far to the next turn or name change of the road. In fact, it will count down and beep 100m before the turn (as programmed above). So 400m is really 500m.
On ride day, turn on your computer, go to routes, find your route, click on it. Go Ride. Don’t forget to hit the start button 🙂