Cyclosportive Perth Routes
After several year of the same routes, we’ve been out and about and found some wonderful new roads for all three rides. While not absolutely firm, you can See all three routes here.
Once the routes are all firmed up, we’ll send out the file for your cycling GPS unit so you can load it.
We’ll use the TCX file version of the route you are registered for. Once we send it, you can simply move it over to your GPS unit. We will send instructions at the same time.
That said, if you have a Garmin, and want to load them, here are the instructions:
To download the TCX file to your GPS device:
- Go to the route you need using the link above
- Click on the EXPORT tab in the top right corner
- Choose TCX file
- Change notification before turn to 100m
- Click TCX Course. This will start the download process.
- Go to Downloads on your computer
- Copy the file to your device into the New File folder.
- Check to make sure the file has been copied into the correct folder, then unplug and turn your GPS device on. This should move the file into the Courses folder where you can find it.
- Check to make sure it is there.
You are probably thinking it would make more sense to copy the file into the Routes folder. I agree, but alas, I am not the genius that came up with this protocol.